Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Raised Beds and Ice Blocks

Lynda’s Garden has a pond made from an old bath tub sunk in relatively flush with the garden. It was part of the cobble stone lined bed. The cobble stones have for the most part been removed and bricks are being used in there stead to bring uniformity to the walkway now have two brick lined raised beds. Elijah intends to replace the third bed’s cinder blocks to effect a shelf between the pond and the porch.

Lynd informs me that my stone installation is perpendicular to the orientation of the rows to be grown in the back garden. For now it will stand with the addition of the ice me and Elijah removed from the pond. I felt inclined to sing America the Beautiful as the installation resembles mountains save for the largest piece which retains the curve of the back of the tub. I think it would be great if I could get a team of cats to pull it as a plow.

No comments:

Post a Comment